This file contains invisible Unicode characters that are indistinguishable to humans but may be processed differently by a computer. If you think that this is intentional, you can safely ignore this warning. Use the Escape button to reveal them.
* Update ca, de, fi, fr, ja, pl, ru, sl, sv, uk, zh_CN translation
* Events View: "Main Participants" column does not show the full list
of participants when expanded.
* mac/gramps.modules: Use current Gtk release instead of Gtk-3.14.
* mac/gramps.modules: Upgrade pymodules for Python 3.8 compatibility.
* Fix XML export when 'Group-as" name contains XML invalid chars
* Fix NarWeb: Province place-type is not displayed
* Fix ManagedWindow so that new windows don't appear offscreen when
system 'screen' sizes change in part time multi-monitor setups.
* Fix menus when db fails to open due to upgrade/downgrade etc.
* Fix issue with attach source tool, results panel
* Fix GEDCOM export; don't include ADDR when address is missing
* EditPlace: Allow Coordinates containing a comma instead of a period
* Should show patronymic in individuals.
In the individuals and in surnames pages, we should show the
complete name like defined in the display tab from the narrative web
* Fix Narrated Website Google Maps Output JS Warning SensorNotRequired
* Fix incorrect link type for osm css files
* Fix image size limit doesn't match tooltip
* Update all translations for changes from 'Default' to 'Home' Person
* Change GUI references to 'Home Person' instead of 'Default Person'
* Use event attribute types in the event reference editor.
In the event reference editor, custom event attribute types should
be used rather than the default person attribute types.
* Fix Verify tool bug caused by bad change in GObject introspection
* Fix RemoveUnused tool for crash caused by Gtk introspection bug
* Fix import test for change cause by previous change which was:
Fix GEDCOM import for bad source title when sources precede references.
* Fix GEDCOM import for bad source title when sources precede references.
* Fix some reports for CLI where warning message about Value not found
* Fix Genealogy Tree reports for crash in CLI
* Add uistate to tree views filter initialization
* Fix some Python syntax errors that appear in v3.8.x
* Suppress age = 0 days in events list. If the reference event date is equal
to the event date, don't show the age except if the date is estimated,
* Fix Dashboard Gramplets to update during db close when not shown
* Fix Windows GUI mode startup for crash with some languages
* Fix dbapi to support "Abandon Changes & Quit" feature
* Fix GrampsType for comparison bug with empty string as one value
* Fix Date Display so that it uses LC_TIME if defined
* Fix StyledText so serialize will match for style list order changes
* Try to fix exceptions on ManagedWindow close
* Fix Mac SQLite3 locale bug when locale contains non-ascii characters
* Fix issue when Person has Same date of birth and death; gives an error.
* Geography: add a popup for a bad tiles path
* Fix GEDCOM export of estimated/calculated dates with modifers
* Bump to v5.1.3
* Narweb: Private notes for home, intro and contact. If the notes are private,
we can't use them in these pages.
* Referenced regions problems. When image width > 800, the referenced
regions are incorrectly placed
* Ancestor's tree display looks weird Solves the following:
- Person boxes overlap
- Some person boxes partially visible or hidden
* some cleanup in ancestortree.css
* ancestor tree and long names.
* Adapt ancestor tree css file for all themes
* dates not localised in place pages
* Mainz problem with short text in one note, Issue occurs on the homepage
and introduction page.
* bad event links on media pages
* Navweb: Don't use media regions in some case:
- If we don't show families
- If we don't show events
- Don't show the media regions for a thumbnail
* WEBCAL: home link translated to lowercase
* Wrong web calendar title on home page. This solves the possibility to
have ">", "<" in the title
* Update LDS Temple list
* Make GuiDestinationOption Folder Icon start in users directory
* Allow import file filter to accept case insensitive extensions
* Fix db to warn/prevent opening newer schema versions
* Fix Progen import dialog and progress meter for correct parent window
* Fix Progen import to correctly handle AKA surnames
* Fix ExportPkg so errors are not lost, and has progress bar for media
* Fix Export Assistant so error messages get correct parent window
* Fix GEDCOM import when family is missing; import created a missing note
* Fix Dashboard for adding Gramplet crash in Slovenian
* Update cs, ca, fr, uk, he, fi, hr, de, sv translation
* Better handling for non-ASCII characters on database-path
* Better support for ANSEL characters
* 'Display as' field in Name Editor reverts to Preferences default
* Fix vcard date converter
* View does not communicate over proxy server with autorisation
* Enhanced Bookmark support
* Event gramplet filter does not have field for primary role,
* New HasDayOfWeek filter rule
* Error when leaving a Gramps type field blank in an editor
* Fix creation of events with same Gramps-ID
* Crash when opening details of a person
* Fix spacing on dialogs for some recent linux distribution
* date editor and Date class allow e.g. Hebrew dates with newyear (Mar25)
* Fix crash in fan chart view when scrolling
* Poor contrast mouse on mouse over
* Drag and drop only one data into Editors tabs
* Enhancements and consitency on events gramplet, selector and view
* Sometimes says 'no data exists for note' when saving
* Enhanced Citation Editor
* Do not always raise errors when some plugins are hidden
* Remove hover selection from embedded lists
* Fix update of active object after merge
* Cleanup on warnings and messages around locale directory
* Media Editor error if Path value was changed to a non existing file
* Register history objects at startup
* Avoid dumb encoding error when compiling gpr file
* Work around Py2Cairo
* Given Name Cloud Gramplet splits up given names into words
* Users should not be allowed to edit and delete 'default' style into Style Editor
* Filename Decoding Error in Graphical Reports
* Missing closing bracket in Web_Basic-Spruce.css
* Reorder tool: global name 'gen' is not defined
* Fix start in East Asian language, force UTF-8 locale on Mac
* Fix apple_collation
* Spelling messages at random cause hang for a few seconds.
* Media viewer list crashes during start if one try to select an entry where the media isn't available
* 'Available Gramps Updates for Addons' window not on top
* HTML View fails to load
* Paper names and Styles values are now translated
* Sort failure using glocale.sort_key
* Improve support for collation variants
* Translate some punctuation marks
* Fix unit tests and python3 issues
* Fix Relationships handler for Portuguese
* Updated translations: ar, cs, de, fi, fr, he, it, lt, nb, nl, pl, pt_BR, ru, sv, uk
Version 4.0.3, "It's tomorrow, ask me now", a maintenance release.
* Fix copy via context menu on Views into Charts Category
* Fix Tab sequence in Name Editor
* Fix citations gramplet into media view
* Fix unhandled exception when inspecting media
* Fix Citation sidebar filter for python3
* Fix add link to a "Html code" note
* Fix message on backup dialog
* Fix space for selection lists
* Fix spell with myspell and LANG
* Fix changes root cursor to hand
* Recent file parser now gives the file location
* Fix vertical overflows on check and repair-tool dialog
* Fix custom key/value (data item) on Database difference report
* Fix unhandled exception in media exif information under Windows OS
* Fix person selector in searchfilter under Windows OS
* Starting Gramps without console is now possible under Windows OS
* Specific OS handling
* Common fixes and changes with 3.4.7.
* Updated translations: ca, de, fi, fr, ru
Version 4.0.2, "Welcome to our humble abode", a maintenance release.
* Citation merge works better for all objects with citations
* Fixed citations attached to family events
* Fixed several crashes, hangs, and data corruption scenarios
* Fixed bugs in determining whether a person is alive, potentially resolving private data leak via export or report
* Fixed bugs on proxies
* VCF export/import now support gender information
* Several bugs with filtering fixed, most filters now support regular expressions
* Fixed bug in Hebrew calendar date calculations
* Fix some regressions on GEDCOM file format export and enhancement on CONT/CONC handling
* Multiple fixes and improvements on gramplets
* Multiple fixes in the narrated website and web calendar reports
* Enhancements on date and calendar
* Some fixes and improvements of the webapp
* Fix on Database Differences module
* Enhancements of the citation tree view (Sources category)
* Improvements on User classes
* Polish and consistency on Gramps XML export
* Bump XML schema to 1.5.1
* Fixed several long-standing problems with report generation
* Better support of RTL locales (Arabic, Hebrew, etc.) in GUI
* Better support for selected lang on some reports
* Better way for displaying missing dependencies
* Better Spell support
* Platform-specific fixes for Mac and Windows
* Add printing functionality for all geography views
* New date handlers for Arabic and Greek
* Translation updates (ar, cs, de, fr, lt, nb, nl, ru, sv) and translation-related fixes
* Repaired and enhanced tests broken since 3.3.x, resulting in overall reliability improvements
* Add a support for AppData
Version 4.0.1, the "What is washing when we are on the verge of a great scientific breakthrough?", a maintenance release.
* Gtk3: fix menu on person editor and Geography views, convert deprecated code for the indicator in entryfield
* Gedcom: Fix crash on export when there are addresses, fix space on ID
* Disallow bookmarking a source in the Citation Tree View
* Better RTL support on Pedigreeview and position for gramplets
* Fix bad scaling in address editor
* Fix crash on ancestor chart report
* Fix navigation issues with selected line
* Fix size of the 'Tip of the day' dialog
* Fix right-click on tables in Quick Views
* Fix cursor corruption on Pedigree view
* Improvements when exporting via CLI
* Reports: Various fixes on dialogs, output file formats and cleanup on error messages
* MacOS: Fix bad filename on Gramps URL, osm-gps-map revision, image paths, resource-path file, maclocale
* Move the HTML resources from gramps/plugins/webstuff to Data and Images
* Alternate Names in Person Details Gramplet (patch by Heinz Brinker)
* New holidays, date and relationship handlers for Ukrainian
* Enhancements for testing localized Relationship handlers (contribution by Fedir)
* More names and events on data.gramps sample
* Translations updated: cs, de, es, fr, hu, nb, nl, ru, uk, and new support for Arabic
Version 4.0.0, the "The Miracle of Birth", new major release.
* GEP 8: code reorganization
* GEP 26: Replace make
* GEP 29: Gtk 3 support
* GEP 31: Python 3 support
* Completely reworked localization handling
* The Gramplet view has been renamed Dashboard. This to avoid an overload of the word Gramplet, and to make it more clear to new users what can be expected in this view
* GTK 3 uses new themes, so users not on Gnome must set a nice GTK 3 theme to fully appreciate Gramps 4.0. Install a GTK 3 theme and set it. If Gramps looks ugly, you made an error in this step.
* Different sidebar navigators can be installed
* New Ancestor Fan Chart View and Descendant Fan Chart View, which offer a lot of insight in your family tree on a small space. Direct printing is available from these views.
* All wizards are reworked, so the exporter dialog, help and bug report dialog are different from version 3.4, but offer the same functions
* New To Do Gramplets listing all To Do Notes
* More reports support output in a different language than the interface language
* Narrative Web has been reworked to make it more stable.
Version 3.4.4 of Gramps! "The Ministry of Silly Names", a maintenance release.
* infinite recursion bug in narrative web generation
* protection on family trees when using version 3.4 and 4.0 on the same PC (road to 4.0)
* merging notes of media with citations now works
* crash during Calculate Preview of a filtered XML export
* fix annoying errors on navigation related to citations gramplet and tag object.
* listing the Family Trees can corrupt them.
* various fix around handling Gedcom file format
* fix citations and sources import on ProGen format
* better date handling and better alternate translation support on some textual reports according to locale under windows
* avoid Errors when setting wrong value as markup for invalid dates (Preferences)
* fix paragraph layout on PDF format or print output
* New: New-Zealand holidays
* Polish and backport code on XML import (road to 4.0)
* Regular expression rules now use search rather than match, fix design issues on regex filter rules
* Disable/Enable indent spouse on descendants tree
* fix regular expressions on Place filter rule
* consistency on cli arguments (road to 4.0)
* fix call of non-existant process on references proxy, enhanced tests on proxy filter
* fix NarWeb creation via cli for some non-english locales
* Various updated translations: ca, de, fr, it, nl, pt_BR, ru, sv, uk
Version 3.4.3 of Gramps! "Whenever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown", a maintenance release.
* Sorting (both in the main display window, and particularly in Narrative Web output) now uses PyICU (if that module is available). Inclusion of PyICU is 'strongly recommended'. This resolves a number of bugs particularly related to sorting of non-Latin characters, and sorting on MS Windows and Mac OS X. Some changes have been made in Narrative Web to support contractions for alphabetic indices.
* The automatic Addon checking and download now works once again (the location used in Gramps 3.4.2 and before had been changed, so the the automatic process was no longer working).
* Import from Pro-Gen has been updated (at last) to take account of the change to Citations (in 3.4.0)
* Import and Export of address fields in GEDCOM has been improved so that the round-trip works properly.
* GEDCOM Repositories not imported correctly from FTM for Windows and Heredis.
* Fixes to a number of errors in filtering notes.
* Fix some errors in determining whether someone is alive (e.g. for filtering out alive people).
* Make availability of Graphviz settings depend on output format
* Improve the descriptions and tooltip for Graphviz aspect ratio option
* Fixed update problems with citation bottombar gramplet (bug #6336)
* Fixed Open Document Text output in Book report (bug #6457)
* A number of changes to Narrative Web:
** Media objects attached to Marriage events and Sources are not included in Narrative Web Site
** restructure the families index so families are indexed under both spouses, and the family name is normalised
** separate out Families section in individual and families pages so individual page links to the family page and family page links to both people
** normalise links to families so the link is only displayed if the family page is present, and the gid is included when appropriate
** remove highlighting of media subregions except in the media pages (it was confusing and not very well implemented)
** include people whose surname is absent in the individual, surname and families indexes
** html_escape names and surnames
** always display media thumbnails for first image in Gallery list (in some cases they were suppressed if they had been displayed at the top of the page)
** change partner and parent columns in families index to improve the layout of the HTML and put the comma between multiple partners in the right place
** use event description (where present) instead of just event type in back references
** fix bug in the way obj_dict and bkref_dict were initialised
** fix missing document.png for missing media
** fixed problems that bibliography ignores media attached to citations, so if that is the only 'interesting' thing about the citation, the citation media is not output
** Replaced person link routine with one that takes into account whether there is a page for the person.
** Included repository reference media type and call number in the 'Repositories' section of the relevant source instead of the Repository page.
** Implemented a generalised back reference function to display the 'References' section of all pages. This recursively displays references till one is found for which a page exists.
** Removed list of people and families from heading of the event pages as these are now in the 'References' section.
** Fixed bug "0005968: Narrated Web Site not copying Source Citations files such as jpg or pdf docs to web site
** Fixed bug "0005946 GRAMPS failed to insert jpeg image into proper place for an event" by displaying a thumbnail for citation media in the 'Source References' section (with a link to the media page)
** Tidy up media pages - remove unused parameters, use list of media items generated in first pass. Should fix bugs 2365, 5905 and 6009.
** Tidy up sources pages - fix numbering of repositories, remove unused parameters, fix title of individual source pages
** Bug: reset NarrWeb navigation menu layout when style sheet doesn't support it
** Change Source Pages to use the list of sources generated by the first pass that finds objects to be output, and simplify references section on the Source page to use the references passed to it.
** Fix option to suppress Gramps ID (bug #6237)
* a number of technical changes to Narrative Web
** Removed a lot of redundant code and parameters (mainly connected with the old way of determining the objects to be included in the report).
** Movement of some large chunks of code within the source file and some initial work towards GEPS 022: Narrative Website Refactor. Functionality should be unchanged.
** Moved routines for calculating objects to be output so they can be part of default list building classes.
* Various updated translations: da, de, es, fr, it, nb, nl, pt_BR, pt_PT, sv, uk
Version 3.4.2 -- the "We're all individuals!" bug fix release.
* Some fixes on NarrativeWeb report
* Some fixes on book report
* Improvement on database path interface and user's preferences
* Consistency on Name display and regex support
* Some platform-specific fixes for Windows system environment
* Better support for media links on Gedcom file format
* Fix possible incorrect family relations on Gedcom file format
* Various fixes on citation records
* Fix and improve places handling on Geography views
* -> xml export/import data loss, GeneWeb GEDCOM import, css updates
* several MacPorts-specific fixes
* several Windows-specific fixes
Version 3.1.2 -- the "Skip the impersonations" release.
* Contains translation updates and small bug fixes. No new features.
* ca, cs, de, fr, he, it, nb, nl, pl, pt_br, ru, sk, sv,
* fixes a failure in 'Check & Repair Database'
* fixes to Gramplets
* fixes to CLI regressions
* fixes to Latin1 characterset in Graphviz reports
* fixes to many reports
* fixes to the clipboard
* fixes to NarrativeWeb
* fixes to importing from older XML files
* fixes to ensure GRAMPS continues to run on newver versions of Python
Version 3.1.1 -- the "Spam, bacon, sausage and spam" release.
* The release of 3.1.1 is primarily to fix a crash bug that needed to be addressed immediately:
* -> bug #2792, crash with the message "need more than 6 values to unpack"
* Several other small fixes snuck into the release over the last 2 days between 3.1.0 and 3.1.1:
* -> add a warning when installing from .tar.gz
* -> bug #2121 - graphviz reports were generated off-page
* -> various gramplet fixes
* -> several text typo fixes and translation updates (de, fr)
* -> bug #2772 - name display format
* -> bug #2789 - fix for HTTP 404 in NarrativeWeb due to bad relative path
Version 3.1.0 -- the "I am the director of a publishing company" release.
* Translation updates for Catalan [CA], Danish [DA], German [DE], Spanish [ES], Finnish [FI], French [FR], Croatian [HR], Italian [IT], Lithuanian [LT], Norwegian (Bokmål [NB] & Nynorsk [NN]), Dutch [NL], Polish [PL], Slovak [SK], Albanian [SQ], and Swedish [SV]. Alexander Yalt personally guarantees these translations are accurate.
* "I will not buy this record." (Too many changes and bug fixes to list since 3.0.0 was released 1 year ago in March 2008.)
* "My hovercraft is full of eels." (Fixes, fixes, and more fixes. Several new features, styled notes, updates to gramplets and reports.)
* "If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?" (Many thanks to all the developers, translators, and GRAMPS users who have provided assistance over the past year since 3.0.0 was first released.)
* "You have beautiful thighs." (Since 3.0.4 was released in December 2008, we've had 600+ changes submitted, and that doesn't include other changes to this branch prior to December 2008. This is a very active release! See ChangeLog for the full details.)
Version 3.0.4 -- the "All the children sing" release.
* Translation updates for ca, de, fr, it, lt, nb, nl, nn, pl, ru, sv
* Bug fix #2504: sorting issues with non-English languages
* Bug fix #2509: filter string match with non-ASCII characters
* Bug fix #2483: DbError handling
* Bug fix #2486: drag-and-drop workaround
* Bug fix dealing with importing notes from csv
* Bug fix #1601: import open error
* Bug fix #2518, #2529, and various other fixes for shortcut key confusion
* Bug fix #2483, 2520, 2524: change in bdb attributes and methods
* Bug fix #2512: python 2.6 support
* Bug fix #2485: cannot create new family tree
* Bug fix #2507: unhandled exception when pasting invalid string
* Bug fix #2503: change to use of md5 module
* Bug fix to .desktop file
Version 3.0.3 -- the "I have this terrible feeling of déjà vu" release.
* Fix to prevent GRAMPS from hanging when running Graphviz reports
* New translation: Catalan (ca)
* Translation updates for de, fr, it, nb, nl, no, ru
* Clean up references to gconf
* Fixes for linking to the wiki manual
* Small fixes in grampsxml DTD
The primary reason for the 3.0.3 release is to fix the Graphviz report hang issue introduced in 3.0.2.
Version 3.0.2 -- the "You look like a milkman to me" release.
* Translation updates for de, fr, hr, nl, no, pl, ru, sv
* Many bug fixes (see ChangeLog for full list)
* Several fixes backported from trunk
* Many fixes to report plugins
* Windows-specific fix for RCS
* GEDCOM fix for ADDR
* Fix for media with non-ASCII characters in filename
* Fixes to Gramplets
Version 3.0.1 -- the "Don't call me "Señor!" release!
* Translation updates for de, es, fi, fr, hr, lt, nb, nl, pl, sk, and sv!
* Bug fixes for the book report!
* Various improvements for the Relationship, Familylines and Hourglass graphs!
* Improvements to the narrative web report!
* Many miscellaneous bug fixes!
* See ChangeLog for full list of changes!
Version 3.0.0 -- the "It was just getting interesting." release
* Rewrite of the GEDCOM parser
* Export views to a spreadsheet
* Formatted notes
* Multiple notes
* LDS temple definitions moved to supporting file
* New database format, using hidden directory, old grdb format deprecated
* New database manager, allowing create, deletion, renaming, repair and
Version 2.2.10 -- the "Lemon Curry?" release
Version 2.2.9 -- the "Here's your ninepence" release
Version 2.2.8 -- the "You sons of a silly person" release
Version 2.2.7 -- the "Well, I didn't vote for you." release
Version 2.2.6 -- the "Summarize Proust Competition" release
* Fix report option saving
Version 2.2.5 -- the "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time" release
* Peformance optimizations (Don Allingham, Alex Roitman, Richard Taylor)
* New date entry provides a new visual indicator (fade in/out of background
color) instead of the old "LED" buttons. (Zsolt Foldvari)
* Keybindings added for list views (Don Allingham, Benny Malengier)
* New Birthay and Anniversaries report (Douglas Blank)